Saturday, August 20, 2011

Gborg station start of the sites.

The start of our new adventure was to begin from one of my favourite places in Göteborg, the train station. I think it is a great place just to snap away as people aren't really surprised by cameras and well, it is good to blend in and not look all paparazzi sometimes. It is times like this I wish I had forever to just stand there and snap away rather than have a town to see, food to eat, and beer to drink. But, someone has to do the tough things!
For some reason I really like this picture, is it the boots, the masses of cases or the longing in her eyes?

The names Moo, Marty Moo. Licence to be revoked

Picture of a photographer, klasyczny

Face and face

I love the guy in the wig, looks like a German Schlager singer

What do you mean you don't have a ticket?
Someone hates it when you just gotta match!
Bling
I think the best thing about any form of travel is actually the simplest thing, that you just get to see something you haven't seen. Just something to stimulate your old noggin and to let you appreciate that things can be different but, it doesn't mean good or bad, just purely different. 

Ernest Hemmingway once said Writing and travel broaden your ass if not your mind and I like to write standing up." I don't think travel just broadens the ass or arse as I would say nor just the mind, I think it opens the latter to show you that the world functions in so many different ways. Sometimes with seeming ease, other times with huge difficulty. Whether it is the girls of Göteborg all wearing converse shoes, with white shirts and shorts. Or something more obtuse, but equally important, such as acceptance of different nations into another. It is all there in Göteborg, and we found it in the microcosm of the train station.

Life - it is indeed good. 

No comments: