Monday, July 08, 2019

Warsaw bits, Polska.

What better to do on a beautiful day than to walk along the newly completed boulevards with Father and the wife. It was so warm that later in the day I may have even eaten an ice cream! Crazy times.

The sapper memorial for the people that cleared Warsaw after the Nazis left and left boobytraps, bombs and unexploded


Bright bridge
Yes please!

Might need some undercoating protection


I truly love trees.

Copernicus Museum dedicated to teaching science.

The Modern Art Museum is here temporarily... like... forever probably.

Wild animals of the coast



Old Man and the Metro. The book Hemmingway forgot to write.

Braille bits.

Bigger kind of Braille bits.



4 comments:

Meg said...

You’ve taken shots from some very different angles. You walked a different boulevard from me: I walked at 4.30 am. I enjoyed seeing same places through your eyes.

Gee Em said...

Thanks Meg, yeah I am always thinking about how I can do things differently, I am glad you enjoyed them! :D

test said...

Hello from a random visitor to your blog. You've made me feel quite nostalgic, as I started visiting Warsaw in the 2000's too, so nice to see some photos from then.

It sounds like you were/are living there for all of this time. I'm curious to know what your impression is of how much it's changed from the 2000's until now? I usually visit 3-4 times a year to see family, and it seems almost a different world to me now - so modern, a little less grungy, but still a very interesting city.

Anyway, nice work on the blog!

Alistair

Gee Em said...

Hey Alistair,
Sorry, I didn't get a notification of this comment. Yeah Warsaw has changed to a huge extent since the early to late 2000s. It is really a vast modern city in a way that the rest of the country doesn't always understand. It is more Berlin or London than it is Kraków.