Saturday, November 09, 2013

MOMA The Polish Museum of Modern Art, Warsaw.


One weekend in July, we headed off to the Museum of Modern Art in Warsaw. It is housed in a heritage registered Modernist building. To me, this is a beautiful building. I love the simple style and design, it is light and feels light even though the construction is concrete, steel and glass. It is located in the city centre near the Palace of Culture and well worth a look before it moves (at a later date) to a new purpose built museum. Not bad for previously being a furniture store.










I am a bit of an architecture buff, and I enjoy seeing new ideas and thoughts, and actually find it more inspiring than other forms of art. The main reason we went was because there was a display of modern building concepts for Polish houses. Here they are.




















It was a really interesting exhibition, and I can't wait to see more.

No comments: