Thursday, October 13, 2011

To break the Torun lovefest

Someone recently asked me what it was like in Warsaw in Autumn. I tried to explain the beauty of the leaf changes, the changing of food from salads to hearty soups and stews, sudden temperature changes and the change from short skirts with thongs to short skirts with heels and stockings/tights. Yes, some things about Warsaw don't really change much with varying seasons. But, then today it came to me without me without me really having to explain it in words.
This combination of 2 photos is taken about 5 seconds apart, one looking North (left) and one looking South (right) from my house. I think the real Warsaw in Autumn is the above things and of course the huge fluctuations in weather, a lot like the Crowded House song "4 Seasons in One Day".

No comments: