Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Product Review: Książęce- Jasne - Ryżowe (Edycja Limitowana)

Książęce- Jasne - Ryżowe

(Edycja Limitowana)

*Product Review*

Brewery: Kompania Piwowarska
Alcohol: 4.5%
Volume: 500ml
Cost: 2.79PLN

Appearance:
Light yellow in fact very pale, as if it was cider. Light airy head that lasted a while.


Aroma: Rye, grass, sharp, maybe even some zestiness.

In the mouth:
Bitter, quite bitter, it tastes of endive, yes an odd thing to taste, but it means it is bitter but still juicy and full flavoured. It had a graininess in taste not texture.

Drink with:
This was a surprisingly refreshing beer, to have something combined with Rice is a real treat. I was surprised I enjoyed it so much and it didn't last long. I think being 4.5% it really is a good summer beer. I'd say this would go well with squid, onion rings or mussels. Also just with salads that contain grains like buckwheat, barley etc.

Overall:
Surprisingly good, I bought it a few weeks back but had been drinking plenty of wine in the mean time and kept forgetting to try it. But I am glad I bought it. I think this is probably their best beer of the series.
8/10
(but unfortunately there is no English details of this beer but there are in Polish http://www.kp.pl/nasze-marki/ksiazece-ryzowe/ )

No comments: