Sunday, October 03, 2010

The very best of the best of Warsaw #6

#6 The Uprising Museum
This is the museum I recommend to all guests coming to Warsaw.
However, I have, admittedly, been there only once and that was over 2 years ago! The first time I visited Warsaw in fact. Yet, it still leaves me the right impression about what museums are appealing to me. It is interactive, it has a well defined history and interesting individual stories.

I do like its setup and the way that you can get an understanding of what some of the fighting people went through. All this said, it also has been criticised by many who lived the experience of the Uprising. As it glorified an "ultimately idiotic act" which killed many innocent, made even more suffer horrible hardships, along with encouraging the wanton destruction of Warsaw by the Germans as they planned to flee the city.

To get an idea of how it ended up maybe you should see this video

No comments: